Data protection declaration
We attach great importance to data protection. Your personal data is collected and processed in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the EU Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO). This statement describes how and for what purpose your data is collected and used and what options you have in connection with personal data.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: BRG Schleicher Rechtsanwälte (hereinafter:Q-Found), Otto-Suhr-Allee 27, 10585 Berlin, Germany, Email: email@example.com Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 965 340 986 Fax: +49 (0) 30 343 50 251
An in-house data protection officer has not been appointed.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website (q-found.de), the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) By using the contact form and by e-mail contact
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. When using the contact form, first and last name as well as the valid e-mail address, under which we can reach the user of the contact form, are requested and processed as mandatory information. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to know from whom the request originated and enables us to respond to the request quickly and easily. In addition, they should help to counteract abuse and to enable or facilitate the allocation of the respective concern. All other information requested in connection with the contact form can be provided voluntarily. They are intended to promote the purposes already described in this context.
Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address(es) provided. In this case, only the user’s personal data transmitted by e-mail will be processed.
The data transmitted in the communication channels described is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
Both the use of the contact form and the establishment of contact with us via the e-mail address(es) provided is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. The legitimate interest in the processing of the data lies on the one hand in being able to process requests as described and, in our view, represents an additional service offer. On the other hand, it should be possible to establish as low-threshold contact with us as possible by providing the contact form. In this way, offers can be individually tailored.
Moreover, if the contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
The personal data from the input of our contact form, as well as data sent by e-mail, will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. This is the case when the conversation with the user is finished. The conversation shall be deemed to be finished when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified.
c) In our mandate:
When you engage us, we collect the following information:
- title, first name, last name,
- a valid e-mail address,
- postal address,
- telephone number (fixed network and/or mobile)
- Information necessary for the assertion and defence of your rights under the mandate
The collection of this data is carried out in order to,
- identify you as our client;
- be able to advise and represent you appropriately;
- correspond with you;
- invoice you appropriately;
- process and defend any liability claims against you;
This data processing is carried out at your request and is required in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSG-VO in order that we may perform our mandate as mentioned above, and for the mutual fulfilment of any further obligations arising from the mandate agreement.
The personal data we collect for the mandate will be stored until the expiry of the statutory retention period for attorneys (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the mandate was terminated) and deleted thereafter, unless we are obliged to store the data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b of the DSG-VO. 1 p. 1 lit. c DSGVO due to tax and commercial law storage and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO), or you have consented to longer storage in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
3. Passing on of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- This is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the our relationship with you and/or your clients. This includes, in particular, disclosure of data to an opposing party and their representatives (in particular their attorneys) as well as courts and other public authorities, for the purpose of correspondence and for the assertion and defence of your rights. The data passed on may be used by the third party exclusively for the aforementioned purposes
- You have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data.
- In the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, and this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO.Attorney-client confidentiality remains unaffected. As far as data which is subject to attorney-client privilege is concerned, it will only be passed on to third parties following agreement with you.
Attorney-client confidentiality remains unaffected. As far as data which is subject to attorney-client privilege is concerned, it will only be passed on to third parties following agreement with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that results in each case in connection with the specifically used terminal device. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. Analysis of the use of our website and support by external service providers
The analysis and tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure on the one hand that our website is designed to meet requirements and is continually optimised. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer. This also includes the advertising displayed on the site. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we and AdvoAd Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We strive for “IP anonymization”. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and only transmitted to a Google server in the shortened version. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. A later unique assignment between the stored data under your IP address is therefore no longer possible. A user-related traceability of the stored data is excluded. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website use and Internet use for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
b) Google Tag Manager
6. Social media plug-ins
We use DSGVO plug-ins for social networks (so-called social plug-ins) on our website on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. to make our law firm better known. The underlying advertising purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the DSGVO. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be guaranteed by the respective provider.
Our website uses social media plugins from Facebook to personalize their use. For this we use the “LIKE” or “PART”-button. This is an offer from Facebook.
When you access a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser and integrated into the website.
By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged on to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly associate your visit to our website with your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “LIKE” or “PART” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and demand-oriented design of Facebook pages. To this end, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to associate the information collected through our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/) of Facebook.
Our website contains plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) integrated. You can recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
When you access a page of our website that contains such a plugin, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages on your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit of our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we are not aware of the content of the data transmitted or how it is used by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to associate your visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter account.
7. Rights of the persons concerned
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
8. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to info@q-found.
9. Data security
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
When processing your data, we use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect it against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.